It looks like Katie Couric and Matt Lauer are being pulled off Today's "late" shift. According to the New York Post, NBC is planning to revamp the third hour of the Today show, complete with different hosts and a whole new look. "It will be like a different show to keep up with Regis and Kelly and other shows, but it will still be called Today," an insider tells the paper. The extra hour has reportedly been a "nightmare" for Couric and Lauer, who will continue to helm the first two hours alongside Ann Curry and Al Roker. The move comes as Good Morning America threatens to overtake Today as TV's most-watched morning show. An NBC rep denies that there are changes planned for the third hour.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. How black-ish's Powerful Colorism Episode Nearly Tore the Johnsons Apart
- 2. Lana Condor Steals the Show in Deadly Class
- 3. Supernatural Midseason Trailer: Michael Declares 'Even God Can Die'
- 4. The Roswell, New Mexico Stars Played 'Guess That Alien', and They Were Honestly Stellar
- 5. Sex Education Is the Most Honest Coming-of-Age TV Show We've Seen in Forever
- 6. The 25 Best Ships Ever on Freeform
- 7. Game of Thrones' Bosses Wish There Were No Trailers for Season 8