Despite an aggressive media blitz and a starring role in Boobygate, Janet Jackson's new CD, Damita Jo, debuted at No. 2 on Billboard's album chart with just 381,000 copies sold. By comparison, Jackson's last CD, 2001's All for You, opened at No. 1 with 605,000 copies sold. Damita marks the first time a Janet album has not debuted at No. 1 since 1989's Rhythm Nation 1814. So, who denied the singer-stripper the top spot? Usher, whose Confession disc sold 486,000 copies in its second week.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Will How to Get Away with Murder Return for Season 6? Showrunner Pete Nowalk Sounds Off
- 2. The Perfectionists Cast Plays Who Said It: A Disney Villain or a Pretty Little Liar?
- 3. Arrow Still Hasn't Answered One Big Question About Mia Smoak's Upbringing
- 4. At Least One Jane the Virgin Star Will Appear in the Spin-Off
- 5. The Act Review: It's Sick and Suspenseful… but Missing a Point
- 6. How Roswell Changed Shiri Appleby's Life as an Actress and a Director
- 7. The Inventor Review: Theranos Doc Doesn't Draw Enough Blood