Pretty Little Liars is set to return for another season of mystery and mayhem for the town of Rosewood, Penn.
At the end of last season, a Liar was abducted, two love triangles were created and a secret twin emerged from the shadows as a major foe of the Liars. That's a lot to unravel as we head into "the end of Pretty Little Liars as we know it." To help you catch up and be prepared for the twists ahead, TVGuide.com talked to the cast and series creator I. Marlene King to find out everything you need to know about Season 7.
1. It's time to #SaveHanna: Season 6 ended with the plan to use Hanna (Ashley Benson) as bait to catch Uber-A failing and Hanna ending up in the arms of the enemy. The first Season 7 trailer revealed that Hanna Marin is still alive — but the Liars have only 24 hours to figure out where she is if they want to keep her that way.
2. Uber-A is now A.D.: We know that two different people — or groups of people — are after the Liars. There are the texting stalkers who think the Liars killed Charlotte (Vanessa Ray) and the person/people who really committed the murder. On top of that, the big bad has also renamed themselves "A.D" instead of "Uber-A."
We also know that Jessica DiLaurentis' twin sister Mary Drake (Andrea Parker) and Alison's (Sasha Pieterse) husband Elliott Rollins (Huw Collins) are the prime people of interest for the Liars. "It may be Mary. It may be Elliott. It may be Mary and Elliott. They become very high on the suspect list for the PLL's when we start the season," King teases.
3. Alison is also in danger: Hanna wasn't the only one in big danger at the close of last season. The last time we saw Alison she was admitting herself into a mental hospital in hopes of making the visions of her dead mother (which were actually Mary Drake pretending to be Jessica) go away. Sanitariums on Pretty Little Liars have a history of not being the places of healing you'd hope they'd be.
"A primary focus is Alison. The last we saw her she was checking into Welby Sanitarium," King affirms. "[And] her creepy husband Dr. Rollins is actually a British guy who is friends with Mary Drake." Alison cannot catch a break.
4. Season 7 is the most "romantic" season ever: 'Shippers, this is the season you've been waiting for. Both the cast and King promise that this season will see the Liars commit to their soulmates. The question is, who will those soulmates be? There are a lot of love triangles that need to be resolved by the season's end, which means some there are celebratory reunions in store and some heartbreak to go around.
"There's been so much murder, mystery and mayhem the last couple seasons of PLL. The [Liars] literally make a pact early on in this season to put their friendship, family and loves ahead of the murder mystery and mayhem," King says. "They are making a conscious effort to return to normal with their romantic lives. It's also a season of big romantic reunions. It's going to be a lot of fun to watch."
5. It's reunion time: There are a lot of familiar faces heading back to Rosewood this season, including Jenna Marshall (Tammin Sursok), Noel Kahn (Brant Daugherty) and Paige McCullers (Lindsey Shaw). They'll be coming back to town for various reasons and to fill in flashbacks from the five years between Charlotte revealing herself as A and her murder.
"We're going to see a lot of familiar faces. A lot of characters from past seasons that you haven't seen in a while are coming back," Lucy Hale explains. "It's nice to see some old faces, not necessarily good faces, but they rile the girls up again and get them asking more questions. It gets even more confusing."
6. There are two major reveals coming in Season 7: There are two big reveals to come in Season 7 — including who is A.D. At least one of those jaw dropping answers will be coming before the end of the summer.
"We tell story really quickly. We told story very quickly in the first two seasons and this season reminds me of those," King says. "It's less questions and more answers, more reveals."
Pretty Little Liars actress Janel Parrish adds that Mona will definitely be after A.D. this season. "Mona's biggest fear at this point is finding out who [A.D] is and what they want with her and her friends," she says. "That we will find out at the end of the season."
Pretty Little Liars Season 7 premieres Tuesday Jun 21 at 8/7c on Freeform.