[Warning: This post contains MAJOR SPOILERS from Orange Is the New Black's fourth season.]
[Seriously, quit reading now unless you want to be spoiled.]
[This is your last chance to turn back, so don't say we didn't warn you.]
Okay, now that we've gotten that out of the way, we can talk about the tragedy currently weighing down our formerly happy hearts. Poussey Washington (Samira Wiley) is dead. Not Jon Snow dead. Not Glenn dead. Dead dead, after being accidentally suffocated by an over-zealous, poorly-trained C.O. during a prisoner protest.
It was tragic, unfair, enraging (especially after Caputo [Nick Sandow] helped cover it up) and far too close to reality for comfort. And now, Orange will never be the same. Because even though we love all the women of Litchfield, Poussey held a very special place in our hearts.
So let's pour one out for Litchfield's No. 1 inmate. Here are 21 reasons there will never be a character quite like Poussey again.
1. She has the best smile.
2. She's a die-hard romantic.
3. She always stays busy.
4. She isn't afraid to call people out.
5. She can somehow make proper pronunciation sound badass.
6. She's a total book worm.
7. Because even when she makes bad jokes, they're great.
8. She isn't afraid to put her feelings out there.
9. The adorable face she makes when she reads.
10. Her and Taystee and the ultimate Squad Goals.
11. Seriously, they're too perfect together.
12. That time she held a funeral for books.
13. She looks amazing with a mohawk.
14. Sometimes she goes a little crazy, but, like, in a fun way.
15. She doesn't take it from the haters.
16. She's so wise.
17. Her and Soso are soo cute together.
18. She's so cool, she manages to make dictionaries sound cool.
19. She doesn't let anyone push her around.
20. Every time she gets a little goofy.
21. She's all about embracing diversity.
RIP Poussey. We'll never forget you.