Call it a mission undone. Paramount Pictures has postponed plans to film Mission: Impossible 3 as its 2005 blockbuster, and will instead release War of the Worlds, starring M:I star Tom Cruise and directed by Steven Spielberg. War, based on the H.G. Wells novel about a Martian invasion of Earth, will start production in November and be released some time next year. M:I-3 has been plagued with problems, including the exit of two directors. But don't fret, the movie isn't gone forever. The third installment of the action-packed spy adventure will resume production next summer, with Alias creator J.J. Abrams making his feature-film directorial debut.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. How black-ish's Powerful Colorism Episode Nearly Tore the Johnsons Apart
- 2. Lana Condor Steals the Show in Deadly Class
- 3. Supernatural Midseason Trailer: Michael Declares 'Even God Can Die'
- 4. The Roswell, New Mexico Stars Played 'Guess That Alien', and They Were Honestly Stellar
- 5. Sex Education Is the Most Honest Coming-of-Age TV Show We've Seen in Forever
- 6. The 25 Best Ships Ever on Freeform
- 7. Game of Thrones' Bosses Wish There Were No Trailers for Season 8