The exec producer behind CSI wants to break into the reality scene. As reported in the current issue of TV Guide magazine (on sale now), Anthony Zuiker is developing a hip-hop version of American Idol titled Ruckus. "It incorporates DJ, MC rap, breakdancing and graffiti," he says. "I'm running around town pitching it right now." CBS officially passed on the project, but Eye network prez Les Moonves wants to keep Ruckus in the Viacom family. Says the exec: "I'm thinking about it for [sister network] UPN."
- 1. Where to Stream This Year's Oscar-Nominated Films
- 2. Black Panther Is the First Superhero Movie Nominated for Best Picture – And You Can Stream It Right Now
- 3. What If Tracee Ellis Ross and Kumail Nanjiani Just Host the Damn Oscars?
- 4. Netflix Just Made History at the Oscars
- 5. Won't You Be My Neighbor Was Snubbed By the Oscars – and People Are Not Okay
- 6. Oscar Nominations 2019: See the Full List
- 7. Anthony Scaramucci Hopes Celebrity Big Brother Run Is Longer Than White House Job