Hakeem Lyon's (Bryshere Y. Gray) hotheaded ways are well known on Empire. As we've seen throughout Empire's three seasons, Andre (Trai Byers) and Jamal's (Jussie Smollett) little brother causes some serious drama.
Lucious' (Terrence Howard) youngest indulges his animal nature every time it calls; not even the risk of public humiliation, accidental pregnancy, arrest or death can tame him (which is kind of a shame because he's actually a really smart kid). Though in real life we'd probably block him, he is, on Empire, the engine that keeps the fun foolery flowing. Here is a look at some of Hakeem's most outrageously annoying moments.
10. When he suggested, with a straight face, Rainbow Sensation as a name for his multi-cultural group (Season 2, Episode 2).
What, was "A Bag of Mixed Nuts" already taken Hakeem?
A 360 degree circle of Nope. Damn homie.
8. This suit. (Season 2, Episode 11)
You can never go wrong with Vivienne Westwood... until you can.
7. This song. (Season 1, Episode 5)
Porsha's (Ta'Rhonda Jones) face and preoccupation with her phone says it all.
6. That time he flipped out after a rap battle and smashed lights on set so everyone would know he was really serious about not being a Lyon anymore. (Season 2, Episode 8)
5. When he drunkenly peed on the floor of a fancy restaurant, said offensive things about white people and called Barack Obama a sellout — on a video that went viral. (Season 1, Episode 5)
Disgusting. All of it.
4. That time he pointed a gun at his father's head... knowing full well he wasn't going to pull the trigger. (Season 2, Episode 1)
To be fair, none of us thought you'd do it either, Hakeem. Not even sure why they sent you down this road, homie.
3. When he got kidnapped, bucked up at the goons who did it and then, after getting pistol whipped, went and hooked up with his father's ex. (Season 2, Episode 6)
So much great decision making here.
2. When he tried to pop off at his father Lucious, only to realize he had already been outsmarted by his pops. (Season 2, Episode 14)
Game recognize game.
1. And most famously, the very first time he came out of his mouth sideways at his mom Cookie (Taraji P. Henson) and she gave him an epic beatdown with a broom (Season 1, Episode 1)
If there's one Lyon who will not suffer his silliness, it's Cookie.
Empire airs Wednesdays at 9/8c on Fox.