At the top of Thursday's The View, Meredith Vieira announced that she is leaving the talker to fill the vacancy being left by Katie Couric at NBC's Today, effective this September. Couric, meanwhile, may face an uphill battle as the just-christened anchor of CBS Evening News. In a poll conducted by TV Guide and the Associated Press, 49 percent say they prefer Couric as a morning-show cohost, versus 29 percent who say they'll prefer her in the evening. But Couric has the vote of no less than venerable news vet Walter Cronkite, who tells the New York Post, "I think she's highly capable and I'm absolutely delighted that she's come over to CBS."
- 1. 10 Free Things to Do at San Diego Comic-Con 2019 Without a Badge
- 2. Emmys 2019: Complete Coverage of the 71st Primetime Emmy Awards
- 3. You Need to See the OG Childlike Empress' Response to Stranger Things' NeverEnding Challenge
- 4. The Most Painful Snubs and Happiest Surprises of the 2019 Emmy Nominations
- 5. Hannah Finally Came to Jesus on The Bachelorette
- 6. Breaking Down Game of Thrones' Most (and Least) Deserved Emmy Nominations
- 7. Game of Thrones Robbed Better Call Saul's Rhea Seehorn of an Emmy Nomination