Fox Searchlight announced yesterday that it would donate 10 percent of the box-office dough from Roll Bounce's opening weekend to Operation USA for Hurricane Katrina. The company has also teamed up with DIRECTV to broadcast the feature in more than 80 Gulf Coast shelters on Thursday, the day before it hits theaters. A nice move or just a shrewd one? For once, I'm going with nice.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Best New Shows and Movies on Netflix This Week – She's Gotta Have It, Rim of the World
- 2. Is The Society Renewed for Season 2?
- 3. The Week in Superlatives: Least Expected Burn, Best Kept Secret, and the Randomest Mic Drop
- 4. Adam Levine on Leaving The Voice: 'For Me, It Was Time to Move On'
- 5. Rim of the World Review: Stranger Things Rip-Off Is Dumb, but Watchable
- 6. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Is the Best Indiana Jones Movie
- 7. Go Behind the Scenes of That Andre Flashback Scene in Marvel's Cloak and Dagger