It was a bloody busy weekend at the nation's box office as New Line's Texas Chainsaw Massacre redo debuted at No. 1 with $29.1 million the second largest October opening ever. (Naturally, talks for a sequel are already underway.) Quentin Tarantino's gory revenge saga Kill Bill Vol. 1 slipped to second with $12.5 million, just enough to edge out John Grisham's latest big-screen adaptation Runaway Jury (No. 3 with $12.1 million). Rounding out the top five: The School of Rock (No. 4 with $11.3 million) and Mystic River (No. 5 with $10.36 million).
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Stranger Things Season 3 Trailer Is Finally Here
- 2. The Flash: Was Barry's Reaction to Nora's Partnership with the Reverse Flash Too Harsh?
- 3. Empire Boss Confirms Who Is Definitely Not in the Casket
- 4. The 5 Episodes of Netflix's Love, Death + Robots You Absolutely Should Watch
- 5. David Boreanaz Hints at an Angel Reunion for Series' 20th Anniversary
- 6. Why Did Mia Smoak Grow Up Without Her Father on Arrow?
- 7. Farewell to Shadowhunters: Kat McNamara Reveals Emotional Moment Filming Her Final Scene