Make no bones about it: Fox's new Tuesday lineup got off to a smashing start last night. At 8 pm, roughly 10.5 million Angel fanatics followed David Boreanaz to Bones, making it Fox's best drama-series debut on the night in four years. Even more impressive, the second-season premiere of House followed at 9 pm with a time-slot-winning 15.7 million viewers. Over on WB, more than 6 million Gilmore Girls loyalists watched Luke accept Lorelai's marriage proposal and a large number of them stuck around for the 9 pm premiere of Supernatural. The Jared Padalaecki-Jensen Ackles thriller retained an impressive 90 percent of its Gilmore lead-in. The other 10 percent were frantically flipping channels in search of One Tree Hill.
(Disclosure: TV Guide is owned by CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS.)