- Moved from London to Los Angeles with her family at the age of 3.
- Studied biomedical engineering at UCLA before leaving to model in Japan.
- Was Isabella Rossellini's body double for 1992's Death Becomes Her. Bell met her future husband, Adam Beason, on the film's set.
- Appeared on JAG's first-season finale as Lt. Diane Schonke, who was murdered. Ten months later, she reappeared on the series as regular character Sarah "Mac" MacKenzie.
- Beat thyroid cancer in her 20s and later served as a spokesperson for the Thyroid Cancer Survivors Association (ThyCa).
- Fluent in Farsi.
- Actively supports a number of Scientology-affiliated nonprofits, including Criminon; the Foundation for a Drug-Free World; the Citizens Commission on Human Rights; and the Way to Happiness Foundation.
- Ronan Bell Beason — Son
- Adam Beason — Husband (separated)
- Mina Bell — Mother
- Peter Bell — Father
- Gemma Beason — Daughter
- Attended University of California, Los Angeles, California, United States