A popular, long-running drama about a close-knit family in rural, Depression-era Virginia, based on the experiences of series creator and narrator Earl Hamner Jr. Sentimental and often moving, the Emmy-winning series told stories of family trials, triumphs and values with great simplicity and honesty. Its genesis was a superb 1971 teleplay, 'The Homecoming: A Christmas Story,' which starred Patricia Neal. The TV-movie also featured Richard Thomas and several others who became series regulars.
Director (22 Credits)
Ranking Big Bang Theory's Guest Stars
From Stan Lee to Leonard Nimoy, check out the greatest cameos on the CBS sitcom
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Best New Shows and Movies on Netflix This Week – She's Gotta Have It, Rim of the World
- 2. Is The Society Renewed for Season 2?
- 3. The Week in Superlatives: Least Expected Burn, Best Kept Secret, and the Randomest Mic Drop
- 4. Adam Levine on Leaving The Voice: 'For Me, It Was Time to Move On'
- 5. Rim of the World Review: Stranger Things Rip-Off Is Dumb, but Watchable
- 6. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Is the Best Indiana Jones Movie
- 7. Go Behind the Scenes of That Andre Flashback Scene in Marvel's Cloak and Dagger