A former rebel and his shady crew embark on galactic missions for profit in a transport ship, the ironically named Serenity, in this space swashbuckler set 400 years in the future. 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' creator Joss Whedon pitted the crew against the Alliance, a totalitarian interplanetary regime. 'It plays like a normal drama except that it's floating in space,' said Whedon. It was an ambitious and original sci-fi enterprise, but 'Firefly' never caught on and was gone in three months.
Director (10 Credits)
Ranking Big Bang Theory's Guest Stars
From Stan Lee to Leonard Nimoy, check out the greatest cameos on the CBS sitcom
Quiz: What Should You Binge Next on Netflix?
Skip the endless scroll! Find out what you really want to watch.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Where We Left Off With Star Trek: Picard's Eponymous Captain
- 2. Could Whiskey Cavalier Get a Second Season After All?
- 3. The First Teaser Trailer for Star Trek: Picard Is Here and Something's Up with Jean-Luc
- 4. Game of Thrones Writers Almost Let This Fan-Favorite Character Live
- 5. Game of Thrones's Major Season 8 Deaths, Ranked Least to Most Satisfying
- 6. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Sneak Peek: Fitz and Enoch Run Into Space Pirates
- 7. What/If Review: Renée Zellweger Drama Is Somehow Three Shows, and They're all Boring