A Jewish writer marries an Irish-Catholic teacher, with ensuing (and predictable) culture clashes between their families. Ratings were good, but some religious groups were uneasy with the interfaith-marriage concept, and CBS yanked the sitcom---which was sandwiched between `All in the Family' and `The Mary Tyler Moore Show'---after one season. Stars Meredith Baxter and David Birney stayed together somewhat longer: They were wed a year later and their marriage lasted until 1989.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Charlie Hunnam Books First TV Role Since Sons of Anarchy
- 2. Who Do You Think Will Win Season 14 of America's Got Talent?
- 3. Lin-Manuel Miranda's Kingkiller Chronicle No Longer Heading to Showtime
- 4. Christie Brinkley Replaced By Daughter on Dancing with the Stars Due to Injury
- 5. Game of Thrones Season 8 Emmy Wins So Far
- 6. Netflix's Daybreak Trailer Makes the Apocalypse Look Fun AF
- 7. Emmys 2019: How to Watch Live and Online