No one can accuse Donald Trump of being a flip-flopper - at least as far as his stance on Mexican immigrants is concerned.
The 2016 Republican presidential candidate stood firm about his stance on Mexican immigrants during an interview with CNN's Anderson Cooper Wednesday, reiterating that "Mexico pushes back people across the border that are criminals, that are drug dealers."
Trump was speaking about the murder of Kate Steinle, a woman who was fatally shot, allegedly by an undocumented immigrant, in San Francisco. Trump referred to her suspected killer as an "animal" who was "pushed back by Mexico."
Elsewhere in the interview, Trump sized up his presidential rival Hillary Clinton (who was also interviewed by CNN this week), and explained why he's unfazed by the fact that so many brands are cutting ties with him in the wake of his comments.
Here are the seven craziest quotes from Trump's sit-down:
1. On his immigration platform: "I will build a better wall, and I'll build it for cheaper, and Mexico will pay for it."
2. On Mexican people in general: "I love the Mexican people. Many Mexican people work for me. Many Mexican people I do business with. They purchase things from me, like apartments, etc., etc. I have great relationships with Mexico and with the Mexican people. I love the Mexican people. I love their spirit."
3. On whether he's employing illegal immigrants to work on the hotel he's building in Washington, D.C.: "I can't guarantee it. ... I wish they'd give us the names. We would get rid of them immediately."
4. On his (since-deleted) retweet, which read, "#JebBush has to like the Mexican illegals because of his wife": "Do I regret it? No, I don't regret it. ... If my wife were from Mexico, I think I would have a soft spot for people from Mexico."
5. On the backlash from business partners about his comments: "Here's the good news: I'm very rich. The money you're talking about is a lot, but it's peanuts for me."
6. On his Democratic presidential rival Hillary Clinton: "She's got a lot to hide. ... She was the worst secretary of state in the history of the United States."
7. On his strategy for dealing with ISIS: "I would do things that would be so tough that I don't even know if they'd be around to come to the table. ... I would bomb the hell out of those oil fields [in Iraq]. I wouldn't send many troops, because you won't need them by the time I got finished."
Watch video clips from Trump's interview here. What do you think of Trump's comments?
TODAY'S VIDEO: Will Jon Snow's real fate be revealed at Comic-Con?