[Warning: The following contains MAJOR spoilers from the Big Brother live feeds. Read at your own risk!]
Big Brother 19 fans were in for a shock when the live feeds finally came on. The Thursday night broadcast ended with HOH Cody putting Megan and Jillian up on the block, but when the feeds began shortly afterwards, Megan was no longer in the house. The self-proclaimed Big Brother superfan had already left the house. [Update: Megan explained her reason for leaving; scroll down to find out why.]
It was a truly shocking development after an already intense start to the season. Here's everything we know about Megan's exit so far:
1. Megan was sequestered in the diary room for three hours. According to a late-night conversation between Raven and Christmas on the feeds, she went in Thursday morning at 10 a.m. and was out of the house completely by 1 p.m.
2. Megan was involved in a scandal involving a racist slur: In a conversation with Kevin, Alex said Megan claimed Jessica called Alex a "panda." Jessica denied ever saying the racist remark, but Alex went to the Diary Room to confront producers about the situation. The producers wouldn't let Alex see the tape, but she left the Diary Room under the impression that, although Jessica had been talking badly about her, she never used the derogatory term. According to Alex, Megan made up the entire thing — something Megan denies.
3. Alex confronted Megan in a big blowout: After learning Megan had seemingly lied about Jessica using the racial slur, Alex went outside to confront Megan in front of everyone in the yard. But then she thought better of it, reasoning that she didn't want to be like Josh, and went inside. However, Megan then followed Alex back into the house "because she's nosy," Alex noted to Kevin. That's when Alex decided to confront Megan over lying about Jessica in front of both Jessica and Cody. It apparently turned into a huge argument, which caused a lot of waves in the house.
4. Alex is now on the block. After Megan left, Alex took her place next to Jillian on the block. Alex had always been on Cody's list of "outsiders," but she probably moved to the top of his hit list after she told Cody not to trust Jessica and called Jessica a liar before her big fight with Megan.
5. Megan didn't self-evict. Although the discussions on the feeds led the Big Brother fandom to interpret Megan's departure as the result of a self-eviction, Megan is now saying that isn't what went down. When a fan asked Megan on Snapchat why she self-evicted, Megan told her, "I did not."
6. Megan says PTSD from a previous sexual assault is why she left the house. In an interview with The Desert Sun posted Friday, Megan said, "When I was stationed in Norfolk, Virginia [where she served in he Navy], I was sexually assaulted and I got really bad PTSD from it. So in the house... I had a lot of guys yelling at me and attacking me and it started really affecting me and making my anxiety severe and I was starting to get physically ill. I was throwing up, I had diarrhea, I was nauseous all the time."
Megan said the decision for her to leave was mutual. And regarding her involvement in the argument about the racist remark, she said, "I could have heard wrong, it's entirely possible, but I was already talking to them about wanting to leave before that and so at that point I knew I couldn't handle it anymore and I went into the diary room where I started having a panic attack and they wound up taking me to the hospital a couple hours later."
In the end, she doesn't blame anyone else for her exit. "It was my own issues that lead to everything, it wasn't anyone else's fault," she said. "Without my stuff going on I probably could have handled things very, very differently and been fine but I just couldn't."
Big Brother airs Sundays at 8/7, Wednesdays at 8/7c and Thursdays at 9/8c on CBS.
(Full disclosure: TVGuide.com is owned by CBS.)