- Started playing the ukulele when he was 8 years old.
- Played guitar in a cover band called the Knight Ryders during high school. He left the band for college and soon after, all but one of the remaining band members were killed in a car accident on their way home from a gig.
- Once performed stand-up under the name "Banjo Bill" Sadler.
- Won a Clarence Derwent Award and a Drama-Logue Award in 1985 for his portrayal of Sgt. Toomey in Neil Simon's Broadway hit Biloxi Blues, in which he starred opposite Matthew Broderick.
- Appeared as the Grim Reaper in 1991's Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey.
- Provided the voice of Victor in the video game Fallout: New Vegas.
- Sadler Colley Bakst — Daughter
- Jane Sadler — Mother
- William Sadler — Father
- Marni Joan Bakst — Wife
- State University of New York College, Geneseo, New York, United States (BA in Drama, BS in Speech Communication, 1971); Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, United States (MFA in Acting)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Our Long National Nightmare Is Over: Dancing With the Stars Finally Eliminated Sean Spicer
- 2. Alex Trebek Gets Emotional on Jeopardy! After a Contestant's Message of Support
- 3. His Dark Materials Book Readers Recap: Why Are We Jumping Into The Subtle Knife Already?
- 4. Prodigal Son Bosses Say Malcolm Is The Junkyard Killer's 'Next Mission'
- 5. Everything We Know About HBO Max's Gossip Girl Reboot So Far
- 6. Everything We Know About the Arrowverse's Crisis on Infinite Earths Crossover
- 7. Free Idea for Disney Plus: Give Solo: A Star Wars Story Its Own TV Show