- Completed the Sight & Sound special program at Tisch School of the Arts at New York University.
- Worked as a substitute teacher in the Los Angeles area.
- Began his showbiz career working as a production assistant on the sets of Cocktail and Rain Man, both starring his cousin, Tom Cruise.
- Studied at the Baron/Brown Studio in Santa Monica.
- Was elected to a three-year term on the National Board of Directors for the Screen Actors Guild in 2007.
- Appeared in more episodes of Lost after his character, Ethan Rom, died then he did when the character was still alive.
- Founded Louisville's Flyover Film Festival.
- 2001, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Amy Mapother — Sister
- Tom Cruise — Cousin
- William Mapother — Father
- Louisa Mapother — Mother
- Katherine Mapother — Sister
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, United States (BA in English Literature, 1987)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Mandalorian Chapter 1 Recap: Our Biggest Theory on Who the Mandalorian Actually Is
- 2. Angelica Ross Says American Horror Story: 1984's Final Girl Won't Please All Fans
- 3. A Friends Reunion Special Is Reportedly in the Works at HBO Max
- 4. Marvel Disney Plus Shows: Premiere Dates, Teasers, and Everything to Know
- 5. Dawson's Return Will Stir Up 'Mixed Emotions' for Brett and Casey on Chicago Fire
- 6. We Need To Talk About That Insane Last Christmas Twist
- 7. Harley Quinn Finds Her Inner Boss Bitch in New DC Universe Trailer