- His grandmother wanted him to become a minister like his grandfather, who was the founder of the First Methodist Church of Chicago.
- Majored in drama in college, while participating in fencing, soccer and the glee club.
- Made his Broadway debut in the British revue Beyond the Fringe.
- Ignored the script and decided to ad-lib his lines during his M*A*S*H audition.
- Headlined a touring production of Neil Simon's The Odd Couple in 1996-97 with former M*A*S*H castmate Jamie Farr.
- Co-authored the book Mixed Blessings with his wife, Barbara, about raising children with autism; their son Ned is autistic.
- Served as honorary chairman of the National Autistic Society.
- Could read classic Homer in the original Greek text.
- Ned Christopher — Son
- Wallace Christopher — Father
- James Christopher — Brother
- Barbara Christopher — Wife
- Thomas Christopher — Brother
- Louise W. Christopher — Mother
- John Christopher — Son
- Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut, United States (1954)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. New The Expanse Season 4 Trailer Teases a Battle on Ilus
- 2. We Didn't See The Walking Dead's Latest Death Coming
- 3. The Crown Season 3 Had Fans Googling Like Crazy to Check Its Historical Accuracy
- 4. SNL Turned the Impeachment Into a Soap Opera Starring Jon Hamm
- 5. The Blacklist Got Unexpectedly Political With a Next-Level-Weird Male Pregnancy Plot
- 6. Batwoman's Meagan Tandy Talks Sophie's 'Conflicted' Feelings for Kate
- 7. That Hawaii Five-O and Magnum P.I. Crossover We Waited for Is Finally Happening