- Was an accomplished clog dancer as a youngster and once opened for B.B. King at the Fulton County Prison in Atlanta.
- Once managed his own valet parking service.
- Co-founded the production company Ginny Mule Productions, which produced the Academy Award-winning short film The Accountant in 2000.
- Played a corrupt detective, a breakthrough role, on The Shield from 2002 to 2008.
- His character on the FX series Justified was supposed to die in the pilot episode, but test audiences reacted so positively to Goggins's portrayal that the producers decided to re-write the script.
- Supports the environmental non-profit Global Green USA.
- Is a photographer and frequent traveler in his spare time.
- 2017, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series: Winner
- 2014, Critics' Choice Television Awards — Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2014, Critics' Choice Television Awards — Best Guest Performer in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2015, Critics' Choice Television Awards — Best Guest Performer in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2015, Critics' Choice Television Awards — Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2011, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Janet Long — Mother
- Walton Goggins Sr. — Father
- Leanne Goggins — Wife (deceased)
- Sandy Goggins — Brother
- Nadia Conners — Fiancée
- 1. Riverdale: What the Actual Hell Is Hiram Up To?
- 2. Power Boss Honors 'Beloved' Crew Member Killed in On-Set Accident
- 3. At Long Last, Jeffrey Dean Morgan Is Headed Back to Supernatural!
- 4. Miley Cyrus Confirms She's Going to Be in Black Mirror Season 5
- 5. What to Stream the Weekend of Dec. 14
- 6. The Cast and Creators of Good Trouble Tease Callie and Mariana's Sexy Fresh Start
- 7. A Million Little Things Bumps a Shondaland Show in New ABC Lineup