- Attended The Theatre School at DePaul University at the same time as Gillian Anderson; the pair performed together in Scenes From American Life while both at school.
- Appeared in a Steppenwolf Theatre production of A View From the Bridge shortly after graduating from DePaul.
- Was a vocal coach on Backdraft.
- Wrote and produced the film Bloodworth (2011).
- Appears in the 2012 music video for Miranda Lambert's "Fastest Girl in Town."
- Plays the guitar in a bluegrass band called Sacred Cowboy.
- 1981, Emmy — Outstanding Achievement in Music and Lyrics: Nominee
- 2006, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Carrie Brown — Wife
- Anna — Daughter
- Murray State University, Murray, Kentucky, United States (BA in Theater); The Theater School at DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois, United States (MFA, 1989)
- 1. Riverdale: What the Actual Hell Is Hiram Up To?
- 2. Power Boss Honors 'Beloved' Crew Member Killed in On-Set Accident
- 3. At Long Last, Jeffrey Dean Morgan Is Headed Back to Supernatural!
- 4. Miley Cyrus Confirms She's Going to Be in Black Mirror Season 5
- 5. What to Stream the Weekend of Dec. 14
- 6. The Cast and Creators of Good Trouble Tease Callie and Mariana's Sexy Fresh Start
- 7. A Million Little Things Bumps a Shondaland Show in New ABC Lineup