- Her father was the first Westerner to be ordained a Tibetan Buddhist monk.
- Parents named her Uma after a Hindu goddess.
- Shared an MTV Movie Award in 1995 with John Travolta for Best Dance Sequence (in Pulp Fiction).
- Discussed with director Quentin Tarantino the concept for the two Kill Bill movies while filming Pulp Fiction.
- The French government named her a knight in the Order of Arts and Letters in 2006.
- Has been the face of Lancôme, Louis Vuitton and Givenchy.
- Is on the board of directors of Room to Grow, a non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the lives of babies born into poverty.
- 1994, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 2012, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1995, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 1994, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 1995, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Actress in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 2003, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Winner
- 2002, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries: Nominee
- 2004, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Actress in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 2015, Robert Awards — Best Actress in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 2005, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Actress: Nominee
- 2005, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama: Nominee
- 2004, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama: Nominee
- 2002, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Supporting Female: Nominee
- Arpad 'Arki' Busson — Ex-fiancé
- Rosalind Arusha Arkadina Altalune Florence Thurman — Daughter
- André Balazs — Ex-significant Other
- Mipam Thurman — Brother
- Robert Thurman — Father
- Dechen Thurman — Brother
- Ganden Thurman — Brother
- Levon Roan Thurman-Hawke — Son
- Ethan Hawke — Ex-husband
- Gary Oldman — Ex-husband
- Maya Ray Thurman-Hawke — Daughter
- Nena von Schlebrugge — Mother
The Best Kids' Movies on Netflix Right Now
Our gift to all you harried parents: hours of peace and quiet.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. One Chicago Is Losing Jon Seda and Two More Actors
- 2. Angry Red Keeps Things Interesting on The Blacklist
- 3. Bellamy and Echo Will Be a 'Great Unit' in The 100 Season 6
- 4. Station 19 Just Tried to Pull a This Is Us with Chief Ripley
- 5. Grey's Anatomy: Jo's Downward Spiral Is Going to Ruin Her Life
- 6. All the Easter Eggs You Missed From The Twilight Zone, Legacies, Game of Thrones, and More
- 7. Everything We Know About The Handmaid's Tale Season 3 So Far