- Joined the Army ROTC in college, but was told he was too near-sighted to be considered for a military career.
- Worked as an insurance agent before becoming an author.
- First novel, The Hunt for Red October, was released in 1984; then-President Reagan praised the book, which led to a huge increase in sales.
- Co-founded Red Storm Entertainment in 1996, which released video games based on his books.
- Was a minority owner of the Baltimore Orioles and nearly bought the Minnesota Vikings before his divorce derailed his plans.
- Wanda Thomas — Ex-wife
- Thomas Leo Clancy Sr. — Father
- Thomas Leo Clancy III — Son
- Alexandra Marie Llewellyn — Wife
- Alexis Clancy — Daughter
- Michelle Bandy — Daughter
- Kathleen Clancy — Daughter
- Christine Blocksidge — Daughter
- Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States (1969)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Jessica Alba and Gabrielle Union Speak Out About the Tragic Accident on the Set of L.A.'s Finest
- 2. Pick Your Favorite Ships and We'll Reveal Your TV Soulmate
- 3. The Queer Eye's Fab 5 Love Up on Each Other in This Video and It's Too Pure
- 4. Listen to Big Brother Brothers: The Ultimate Unofficial Podcast From TV Guide
- 5. How Everyone in Netflix's Dark Is Connected
- 6. Murder Mystery Review: The Real Mystery Is How Adam Sandler's New Film Is Decent
- 7. Anthony Bourdain's Graphic Novel Is Being Turned Into an Animated Series