- Joined the Army ROTC in college, but was told he was too near-sighted to be considered for a military career.
- Worked as an insurance agent before becoming an author.
- First novel, The Hunt for Red October, was released in 1984; then-President Reagan praised the book, which led to a huge increase in sales.
- Co-founded Red Storm Entertainment in 1996, which released video games based on his books.
- Was a minority owner of the Baltimore Orioles and nearly bought the Minnesota Vikings before his divorce derailed his plans.
- Thomas Leo Clancy Sr. — Father
- Thomas Leo Clancy III — Son
- Christine Blocksidge — Daughter
- Wanda Thomas — Ex-wife
- Kathleen Clancy — Daughter
- Alexandra Marie Llewellyn — Wife
- Alexis Clancy — Daughter
- Michelle Bandy — Daughter
- Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States (1969)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Where We Left Off With Star Trek: Picard's Eponymous Captain
- 2. Could Whiskey Cavalier Get a Second Season After All?
- 3. The First Teaser Trailer for Star Trek: Picard Is Here and Something's Up with Jean-Luc
- 4. Game of Thrones Writers Almost Let This Fan-Favorite Character Live
- 5. Game of Thrones's Major Season 8 Deaths, Ranked Least to Most Satisfying
- 6. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Sneak Peek: Fitz and Enoch Run Into Space Pirates
- 7. What/If Review: Renée Zellweger Drama Is Somehow Three Shows, and They're all Boring