- Lived as a monk with the Brothers of Ploermel for six years.
- Did his National Service in the Army Medical Corps, where he took up acting as a hobby.
- Became part of Laurence Olivier's National Theatre company in the late 1960s.
- Took on his most famous role in Doctor Who between 1974–1981.
- Has a very distinctive voice, and was the narrator in Little Britain and on various video games.
- Wrote his autobiography in 1997 titled Who on Earth is Tom Baker?
- Author of a short fairytale-style novel, The Boy Who Kicked Pigs "A Grotesque Masterpiece".
- Now lives in the South of France.
- 1972, Golden Globe — New Star of the Year - Actor: Nominee
- 1972, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Lalla Ward — Ex-wife
- Anna Wheatcroft — Ex-wife
- Piers Baker — Son
- Daniel Baker — Son
- Mary Jane Baker — Mother
- Sue Baker — Wife
- John Stewart Baker — Father
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Chicago Police Seek to Interview Jussie Smollett Again After Two Suspects Released
- 2. Donald Trump Calls Saturday Night Live a 'Total Republican Hit Job' After National Emergency Sketch
- 3. 7 Burning Questions The Umbrella Academy Season 2 Needs to Answer
- 4. The 12 Biggest Differences Between Netflix's Umbrella Academy and the Comics
- 5. Every Actor in the Marvel Cinematic Universe Who Has Been Nominated for an Oscar
- 6. Bugs Do Their Own Exterminating on The Blacklist
- 7. The First Descendants 3 Teaser Is Here and It's Straight-Up Villainous Fun