- Lived as a monk with the Brothers of Ploermel for six years.
- Did his National Service in the Army Medical Corps, where he took up acting as a hobby.
- Became part of Laurence Olivier's National Theatre company in the late 1960s.
- Took on his most famous role in Doctor Who between 1974–1981.
- Has a very distinctive voice, and was the narrator in Little Britain and on various video games.
- Wrote his autobiography in 1997 titled Who on Earth is Tom Baker?
- Author of a short fairytale-style novel, The Boy Who Kicked Pigs "A Grotesque Masterpiece".
- Now lives in the South of France.
- 1972, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 1972, Golden Globe — New Star of the Year - Actor: Nominee
- Anna Wheatcroft — Ex-wife
- Daniel Baker — Son
- Lalla Ward — Ex-wife
- John Stewart Baker — Father
- Mary Jane Baker — Mother
- Sue Baker — Wife
- Piers Baker — Son
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Elizabeth Warren and AOC's Recap of the Game of Thrones Finale Is Better Than the Actual Finale
- 2. Quavo Brings His Signature Migos Adlibs to the black-ish Finale In This Sneak Peek
- 3. Here's When The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Arrives on Netflix
- 4. Everything We Know About the Game of Thrones Prequel So Far
- 5. George R.R. Martin Teases Whether He's Keeping Game of Thrones' Ending for the Books
- 6. Black Mirror Season 5 Episode Trailers and Storylines Finally Revealed
- 7. Good Omens Review: Demonic David Tennant Saves the World (and the Show) From Disaster