- Once pulled fat from the innards of pigs while working at an Iowa meatpacking plant.
- Was a producer on Roseanne when it won the 1993 Golden Globe for Best Television Series, Musical or Comedy.
- Invested $16 million with then-wife Roseanne in upscale housing and a restaurant (Tom's Big Food Diner) in Eldon, IA. After their divorce, the restaurant closed and the property was given to a foundation started by Arnold's college.
- Won the Worst Actor prize at the 1996 Razzies for the big-screen dud Big Bully; had to share the award with Pauly Shore for the latter's performance in Bio-Dome.
- Launched www.marrytom.com to invite applicants for his next marriage shortly after his divorce from Roseanne.
- Actor Dax Shepard was the best man for his wedding to Ashley Groussman in 2009.
- Ashley Groussman — Wife
- Jax Copeland Arnold — Son
- Jack Arnold — Father
- Ruth Arnold — Mother
- Julie Lynne Champnella — Ex-wife
- Roseanne Barr — Ex-wife
- Shelby Roos — Ex-wife
- Quinn Sophie Arnold — Daughter
- Attended Indian Hills Community College, Ottumwa, Iowa, United States; attended University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, United States