- Followed in the footsteps of his famous parents, Dame Maggie Smith and Sir Robert Stephens, who divorced when he was 4.
- Joined the Royal Shakespeare Company and, at 24, became the youngest actor with the troupe to play Coriolanus, for which he won the Ian Charleson Award.
- In 1996, played Stanley Kowalski opposite Jessica Lange in the Peter Hall-staged London West End production of A Streetcar Named Desire.
- Quit drinking after being cast in a Broadway revival of Anouilh's Ring Around the Moon.
- Has a tattoo of a moon on his arm.
- Eli Alistair Stephens — Son
- Tallulah Stephens — Daughter
- Jennifer Ehle — Ex-significant Other
- Chris Larkin — Brother
- Alison Fogg — Ex-fiancée
- Kura Stephens — Daughter
- Maggie Smith — Mother
- Robert Stephens — Father
- Anna-Louise Plowman — Wife
- Beverley Cross — Stepfather
- London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art, London, England (1991)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Chicago P.D.'s Season 6 Finale Left John Seda's Exit Up in the Air
- 2. The Jeffersons' Marla Gibbs Makes Appearance During ABC's Norman Lear Special
- 3. Chicago Fire Just Potentially Blew Up Its Entire Firehouse
- 4. The Best Possible Person Won The Challenge: War of the Worlds
- 5. Manstead Took a Dark Turn in the Chicago Med Season 4 Finale
- 6. I. Marlene King Answers Our Burning Questions About The Perfectionists Season 1 Finale
- 7. The Perfectionists Finale Proves We Need a Season 2