- Followed in the footsteps of his famous parents, Dame Maggie Smith and Sir Robert Stephens, who divorced when he was 4.
- Joined the Royal Shakespeare Company and, at 24, became the youngest actor with the troupe to play Coriolanus, for which he won the Ian Charleson Award.
- In 1996, played Stanley Kowalski opposite Jessica Lange in the Peter Hall-staged London West End production of A Streetcar Named Desire.
- Quit drinking after being cast in a Broadway revival of Anouilh's Ring Around the Moon.
- Has a tattoo of a moon on his arm.
- Chris Larkin — Brother
- Eli Alistair Stephens — Son
- Tallulah Stephens — Daughter
- Jennifer Ehle — Ex-significant Other
- Anna-Louise Plowman — Wife
- Beverley Cross — Stepfather
- Alison Fogg — Ex-fiancée
- Kura Stephens — Daughter
- Maggie Smith — Mother
- Robert Stephens — Father
- London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art, London, England (1991)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Pick Your Favorite Ships and We'll Reveal Your TV Soulmate
- 2. The Queer Eye's Fab 5 Love Up on Each Other in This Video and It's Too Pure
- 3. Listen to Big Brother Brothers: The Ultimate Unofficial Podcast From TV Guide
- 4. How Everyone in Netflix's Dark Is Connected
- 5. Murder Mystery Review: The Real Mystery Is How Adam Sandler's New Film Is Decent
- 6. Anthony Bourdain's Graphic Novel Is Being Turned Into an Animated Series
- 7. Bob Dylan's Rolling Thunder Revue: What's Fact and What's Fiction?