- Started his career as a singer at the age of 13 and entered into the movie industry at the age of 17.
- Formed one of the most successful on-screen love team of all time with Nora Aunor in the 1970s and 1980s. They were labelled as Guy and Pip.
- Received the Best Actor Award from FAMAS for his role in the movie Bilangin Mo Ang Bituin Sa Langit.
- Won the Gawad Urian Award for Best Supporting Actor in the movie Kahit Buhay Ko.
- Was recognized for his work in the TV drama Valiente as he won the 1997 PMPC Star Awads for Television Best Drama Actor.
- Battled stage II cancer in 2014 and went through surgery which was a success.
- Bodie Cruz — Son
- Djanin Cruz — Daughter
- Lyn Ynchausti-Cruz — Wife
- TJ Cruz — Son
Quiz: What Should You Binge Next on Netflix?
Skip the endless scroll! Find out what you really want to watch.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The 100: Is This the End of Clarke as We Know Her?
- 2. How NCIS Pulled Off That Shocking Return in the Season 16 Finale
- 3. HBO Confirms Game of Thrones Spin-Offs Won't Feature Future Westeros
- 4. Game of Thrones' Water Bottle Culprit Revealed in the Final Dolls of Thrones Recap
- 5. Stranger Things' New Coke Teaser Wants You To Believe New Coke Was Good
- 6. Clarke is Getting Sexy in These New The 100 Photos!
- 7. The Bachelorette Is Ruled by F-Boys