- Her nickname Tippi, which was given to her by her father, means "sweetheart" in Swedish.
- Made her film debut in the 1950 comedy The Petty Girl.
- Modeled for the Eileen Ford Agency.
- Hitchcock allegedly discovered her in a diet-soda commercial he saw on Today.
- Began operating the Shambala Preserve—a sanctuary for big cats in Acton, CA—in the early 1970s. It's maintained by the Roar Foundation, a nonprofit organization she founded in 1983.
- Published the book The Cats of Shambala in 1985.
- Has participated in anniversaries honoring the thriller The Birds (1963), including a 2003 40th-anniversary celebration held in Bodega Bay, CA, where the film was set.
- In 2003, she coauthored and testified in Washington, D.C., for a bill that became the Captive Wildlife Safety Act, which prohibits the interstate and foreign trade of exotic cats.
- Did influential work with female Vietnamese refugees, getting 20 of them invaluable training as manicurists in 1975. In 2011, she received the Vietnamese-American Matron Saint Award for these efforts.
- Received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce in 2011.
- 1964, Golden Globe — New Star of the Year - Actress: Winner
- Patty Davis — Sister
- Noel Marshall — Ex-husband
- Martin Dinnes — Husband
- Melanie Griffith — Daughter
- Bernard Carl Hedren — Father
- Dorothea Henrietta Hedren — Mother
- Peter Griffith — Ex-husband
- Luis Barrenechea — Ex-husband
Ranking Big Bang Theory's Guest Stars
From Stan Lee to Leonard Nimoy, check out the greatest cameos on the CBS sitcom
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Is The Society Renewed for Season 2?
- 2. The Week in Superlatives: Least Expected Burn, Best Kept Secret, and the Randomest Mic Drop
- 3. Adam Levine Leaving The Voice Before Season 17
- 4. Rim of the World Review: Stranger Things Rip-Off Is Dumb, but Watchable
- 5. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Is the Best Indiana Jones Movie
- 6. Go Behind the Scenes of That Andre Flashback Scene in Marvel's Cloak and Dagger
- 7. Here's What It's Like to Go to IDCon, the Unofficial Murderchella