- Father was a Captain in the Special Operations Executive, a British secret-service unit during World War II; mother was an American of Italian and Irish descent.
- Joined the Royal Air Force Air Cadets as a teenager, only to switch career paths after seeing a theatrical production of Macbeth.
- Was approached on three occasions (as early as 1968) to play James Bond before finally assuming the role in The Living Daylights (1987), although Sam Neill and Pierce Brosnan were also considered for the film.
- Bracketed his two Bond films with an extensive career in Shakespearean theatre and various American film and TV work (Scarlett miniseries; The Rocketeer, voice of Mr. Pricklepants in Toy Story 3; the villainous Alexei Volkoff in the TV series Chuck).
- Was the last James Bond to smoke cigarettes on screen.
- Supports the English soccer club Manchester City FC, often attending matches.
- Vanessa Redgrave — Ex-significant Other
- Annabelle Dalton — Sister
- Alexander Dalton — Son
- Oksana Grigorieva — Ex-significant Other
- Dorothy Dalton — Mother
- Peter Leggit Dalton — Father
- Mark Dalton — Brother
- Stephen Dalton — Brother
- Suzzane Dalton — Sister
- Attended the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, London, England
Ranking Big Bang Theory's Guest Stars
From Stan Lee to Leonard Nimoy, check out the greatest cameos on the CBS sitcom
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. At Least Daenerys' Costumes Gave Her Character Development on Game of Thrones
- 2. Where Did Drogon Go in the Game of Thrones Finale?
- 3. Game of Thrones: Who Run the World? Mediocre Men!
- 4. I Only Watched Game of Thrones' Final Season and Can Confirm It Was Bad
- 5. Vida Stars Say Season 2 Is a 'Beautiful' Look at Emma and Lyn's Relationship
- 6. Game of Thrones Season 8 Finale Complete Coverage
- 7. The Game of Thrones Finale Featured a Water Bottle Blunder, Even After Starbucks-Gate