- Charmed director Peter Bogdanovich and was cast as a scrappy orphan opposite her father Ryan O'Neal in 1973's Paper Moon, a role that led to her becoming the youngest actor to win an Oscar.
- Received over $300,000 (a record for a child actor of the time) to appear in 1976's Bad News Bears.
- After marrying tennis star John McEnroe in 1986, her acting career stalled while she focused on being a wife and mother.
- Wrote about her tumultuous childhood, her battles with alcohol and drug addictions, her volatile marriage, and her troubled relationship with her father in her 2004 memoir A Paper Life.
- Found renewed career success with appearances on television shows including HBO's Sex and the City and FX's Rescue Me.
- 1974, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1973, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Winner
- 1974, Golden Globe — New Star of the Year - Actress: Winner
- Ryan O'Neal — Father
- Griffin O'Neal — Brother
- Charles O'Neal — Grandfather
- Joanna Moore — Mother
- Redmond O'Neal — Half Brother
- Patrick O'Neal — Half Brother
- John McEnroe — Ex-husband
- Emily McEnroe — Daughter
- Patricia O'Neal — Grandmother
- Sean O'Neal — Son
- Kevin McEnroe — Son
Every Episode of Game of Thrones, Ranked From Worst to Best
Find out which episode of the HBO hit reigns supreme.
The Best Kids' Movies on Netflix Right Now
Our gift to all you harried parents: hours of peace and quiet.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. What The Actual F*** Just Happened in That Supernatural Finale
- 2. Gotham's Series Finale Broke a Rule of Batman
- 3. Marvel's Cloak and Dagger Takes Us Behind the Scenes of Tyrone's Tense Heist
- 4. Gotham Boss on the Batman-Centric Series Finale: 'It Means We Told the Story Properly'
- 5. Stan Lee's Final MCU Cameo in Avengers: Endgame Is a Heartwarming Send-off
- 6. All Signs Point to Brett and Casey Steaming Things Up on Chicago Fire
- 7. Manstead Is Dead on Chicago Med, Long Live Leestead