- Stage work includes a 2004 off-Broadway production of Bert V. Royal's Dog Sees God: Confessions of a Teenage Blockhead; and a 2009 Broadway revival of Christopher Hampton's The Philanthropist.
- Won the Best Actor award at the Brooklyn International Film Festival for The Elephant King (2006).
- Is also an artist, working mostly with oil paint, whose work has been exhibited in New York, California and Mississippi.
- While auditioning for the pilot of the spin-off 90210 in March 2008, met his future wife, Chrissy Fiorilli, who was one of the casting associates, though they did not start dating until 2010.
- Has appeared in numerous commercials, including spots for Nationwide Insurance; Amazon; Pepsi; McCormick; Walgreen's; and Dunkin' Donuts.
- Deborah Cochran Ellington — Mother
- Chrissy Fiorilli — Wife
- James R. Ellington — Father
- University of Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi, United States (BFA, 2001)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Los Espookys Doesn't Explain Latinx Culture to a White Audience, and It's Better for It
- 2. Jennifer Aniston Joins Instagram with the Friends Reunion Selfie We Needed
- 3. The Voice's New Battles Twist Is Way Better Than Last Year's
- 4. Chicago Fire's Casey Discovers a Gruesome Scene in One Chicago Crossover Sneak Peek
- 5. Castle Rock Season 2 Review: Lizzy Caplan Is Killer as Misery's Annie Wilkes
- 6. Watchmen Review: Damon Lindelof's Take Is Custom-Fitted for Our Effed-Up World
- 7. Dancing with the Stars Pulled a Shocking Stunt on Disney Night