- Plays the fiddle and the bodhran.
- Appeared on Friends in 1998 as a love interest for Rachel, played by his then-girlfriend, Jennifer Aniston.
- After both of his parents were diagnosed with bladder cancer, he became the national spokesperson for the Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network. His mother recovered, but his father succumbed to the disease in 2001.
- Has volunteered with the Young Storytellers program, a group that works with children writing their own screenplays.
- Began honing his directing skills while he was a cast member on The O.C. His director credits include episodes of the television shows Glee and Damages.
- 2012, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Winner
- 2014, Emmy — Outstanding Short-Format Nonfiction Program: Winner
- 1994, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Supporting Male: Nominee
- 2005, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Eileen Donovan — Mother
- Corinne Kingsbury — Ex-wife
- Timothy Donovan — Father
- Sandra Bullock — Ex-fiancée
- Jennifer Aniston — Ex-significant Other
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, United States (BFA, 1985)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Tracee Ellis Ross on How Black-ish Enlisted Octavia Spencer to School Us for Black History Month
- 2. The Originals' Leah Pipes Is Headed to Another Witchy CW Series, and It's Not Legacies
- 3. Sizzy Will Heat Up in Shadowhunters' Final Season
- 4. Jane the Virgin Creator Is Bringing Jaime Camil to Her New Comedy
- 5. Which Umbrella Academy Character Are You Most Like?
- 6. 7 Questions The Umbrella Academy on Netflix Needs to Answer in Season 2
- 7. The 12 Biggest Differences Between Netflix's Umbrella Academy and the Comic Books