- Previously worked as a spinning instructor, and landed his first professional acting job playing a spinning instructor on Queer as Folk in 2004.
- Won a 2007 Gemini Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Guest Role Dramatic Series for his work on ReGenesis.
- Was nearly cast as the lead in Starz's Spartacus, but lost the role to Liam McIntyre.
- Designed a t-shirt with the invented word "Sinceriously" on it for a 2015 charity campaign for Stand for the Silent and Paws and Stripes.
- Cassandra Jean — Wife
- Mavi Alexandra Jean Amell — Daughter
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. The Celebrity Big Brother Season 2 Cast Reveals Their Biggest Live-Feed Fears
- 2. Star Trek: Discovery Will Explore Number One's Relationship with Captain Pike
- 3. Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 Is Stronger and More Fun
- 4. Dynasties Is a Powerful and Necessary New Species of Nature Documentary
- 5. The Passage Will Show How Project Noah Got Started in Episode 2
- 6. Olicity Will Be a 'Force to Reckon With' When Arrow Returns
- 7. Netflix Is Rebooting Unsolved Mysteries, the OG True Crime Show