- Started dancing at the age of 3.
- Was featured in numerous one-reelers before starring in her first full-length film, The Red-Haired Alibi, in 1933.
- Was Hollywood's box office champ from 1935 to 1938.
- Received a special miniature Academy Award in 1934 and remains the youngest recipient of any Oscar.
- In the 1930s, licensed her likeness to many products, including the Shirley Temple dolls.
- Popularized the film songs "On the Good Ship Lollipop" (from Bright Eyes) and "Animal Crackers in My Soup" (from Curly Top).
- Was considered for the role of Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz but her studio, Fox, refused to lend her to MGM.
- Last feature film was A Kiss for Corliss in 1949.
- In 1958, she premiered her television series, Shirley Temple's Storybook, which she hosted.
- Served in diplomatic roles such as United States Representative to the United Nations and Ambassador to the Republic of Ghana.
- 2005, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Life Achievement Award: Winner
- 1934, Oscar — Special Award: Winner
- Jack Temple — Brother
- Lori Black — Daughter
- George Francis Temple — Father
- Susan Falaschi — Daughter
- Charles Alden Black Jr. — Son
- John Agar — Ex-husband
- Charles Black — Husband (deceased)
- George Francis Temple Jr. — Brother
- Gertrude Temple — Mother
The Best Big Bang Theory Guest Stars, Ranked
From Stan Lee to Leonard Nimoy, check out the greatest cameos on the CBS sitcom
The Best Kids' Movies on Netflix Right Now
Our gift to all you harried parents: hours of peace and quiet.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Game of Thrones Photo Recap: Arya Gets It in Despite Having Zero Game
- 2. Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, and More Stars Looking Super at the Avengers: Endgame Premiere
- 3. Better Call Saul May End After Season 6
- 4. Here's How To Watch the Avengers: Endgame Premiere Livestream
- 5. The Trailer for Gotham's Series Finale Is Here, With 100 Percent More Batman
- 6. Here's How Antonio, Connor, and Ava Might Leave One Chicago
- 7. Which Game of Thrones Characters Are Most Likely to Die Fighting the White Walkers?