- Began acting as a toddler, when her parents took her to auditions in an attempt to get her to overcome her shyness.
- Put her acting career on hold to attend high school.
- While in high school, she was a cheerleader and worked as a hostess at a restaurant.
- The daughter of an Israeli mother, she has visited Israel often and feels very connected to her family there.
- Appeared in the 1994 pilot episode of NBC's ER as a patient, and played an intern for the final season of the long-running medical drama.
- Breakthrough role came when she landed the part of a high school student who befriends aliens on the WB sci-fi drama Roswell.
- Causes that are important to her include getting arts programs for children, promoting healthy lifestyles and stopping animal cruelty.
- 2015, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Natalie Bouader Shook — Daughter
- Dina Appleby — Mother
- Owen Lee Shook — Son
- Jerry Appleby — Father
- Jon Shook — Fiancé
- Zach Braff — Ex-significant Other
- Attended University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, United States
- 1. Nina Dobrev Is Too Busy to Be on Legacies, but She Loves That You Love It
- 2. Put Some Respect on Chris Tucker's Name
- 3. Where All the People from Netflix's The Innocent Man Are Now
- 4. A Plea to Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season 2: More Witchcraft, Less Romance
- 5. Rufus Lives in the Timeless Series Finale Trailer!
- 6. 4 Theories about the Gargoyle King on Riverdale That Sound Pretty Legit
- 7. 23 Easter Eggs in the Arrowverse 'Elseworlds' Crossover You May Have Missed