- Met her husband, director-producer R.W. Goodwin, on the set of the early-'70s drama Men at Law.
- Hired for her role as Margaret Scully on The X-Files without letting the casting office know she was married to Goodwin, the show's executive producer.
- Since 1993, has lived in Washington state, where she has performed in local theater.
- Has a psychotherapy practice; majored in both psychology and theater in college.
- Matthew Goodwin — Son
- Jesse Goodwin — Son
- George Goodwin — Stepson
- R.W. Goodwin — Husband
Game of Thrones Season 8 Complete Coverage
Every recap, review, ranking, explainer, and fan theory you need
Let's Talk About Sex on TV, Baby
Sex Ed Week explores the ways TV is pushing boundaries forward – and the ways it still lets us down
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Station 19 Just Tried to Pull a This Is Us with Chief Ripley
- 2. Grey's Anatomy: Jo's Downward Spiral Is Going to Ruin Her Life
- 3. All the Easter Eggs You Missed From The Twilight Zone, Legacies, Game of Thrones, and More
- 4. Everything We Know About The Handmaid's Tale Season 3 So Far
- 5. Star Trek: Discovery's Ethan Peck on Spock's Finale Struggle and Season 3 Return
- 6. Tyler Blackburn Talks LGBTQ Representation on Roswell, New Mexico
- 7. Joey King on Tackling the 'Mentally Taxing' Role in Hulu's The Act