- In 2007, won every major event entered, including the American Classic, the American Cup, the Pan Am Games, the U.S. Championships and the World Championships.
- Became the fourth American gymnast to win the World Championships, and only the second American gymnast to win three gold medals in a world event.
- Governor Chet Culver declared October 17 as Shawn Johnson Day in the state of Iowa.
- Represented in Coca-Cola's Six Pack promotion for the 2008 Olympics, along with triathlete Andy Potts, basketball star LeBron James and three former gold medalists: swimmer Natalie Coughlin, sprinter Sanya Richards and taekwondo champ Steven Lopez.
- Took home four medals from the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing: a gold for the beam, and a silver each in team, all-around and floor.
- Honored with a bronze, life-sized statue in the Iowa Hall of Pride in Des Moines.
- Won season 8 of Dancing with the Stars with partner Mark Ballas.
- Andrew East — Husband
- Teri Johnson — Mother
- Doug Johnson — Father
Ranking Big Bang Theory's Guest Stars
From Stan Lee to Leonard Nimoy, check out the greatest cameos on the CBS sitcom
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Love Island Recap: Here's Who the New Gals Banished to the Hideaway
- 2. Suits Boss Promises Fans All the Darvey Romance They've Been Waiting For
- 3. Pearson Review: This Spin-Off Is Definitely Not Suits 2.0
- 4. 10 Free Things to Do at San Diego Comic-Con 2019 Without a Badge
- 5. Emmys 2019: Complete Coverage of the 71st Primetime Emmy Awards
- 6. You Need to See the OG Childlike Empress' Response to Stranger Things' NeverEnding Challenge
- 7. The Most Painful Snubs and Happiest Surprises of the 2019 Emmy Nominations