- Mother is Filipino; father is African-American.
- Moved to the Philippines with her parents after she was born and lived there until she was 6 years old.
- Studied voice with Seth Riggs, Michael Jackson's voice coach.
- Had her big break playing Dahlia Crede in the soap Guiding Light.
- Performed on Broadway in Miss Saigon and Rent.
- Showcased her singing talent in an episode of Boston Public, performing a Christmas song.
- Won the 2008 Asian Excellence Award for Outstanding Film Actress for her performance in the 2007 feature This Christmas.
- Attended a cheerleading convention to research her role on the CW's Hellcats.
- 2006, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Jesse — Father
- Bev Land — Husband
- Elmer Manankil — Stepfather
- Angelita — Mother
- Kristina Manankil — Half Sister
- Kai Miles — Son
- Diablo Valley Junior College, Pleasant Hill, California, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Here Are the Most-Watched Netflix Originals, By the Numbers
- 2. Suits: The Firm Will Have to Pay for Its Sins in the Final Season
- 3. Follow the Love Island Cast on Instagram
- 4. Game of Thrones Creators Bail on Comic-Con Panel
- 5. Love Island Recap: Talk About an Incredibly Awkward Kiss, Am I Right?
- 6. What to Stream the Weekend of July 19
- 7. A.P. Bio Saved From Cancellation by NBC's New Streaming Service