- Started his comedy career at the age of 13 with a stand-up class at a Vancouver gay bar.
- Won second place at the Vancouver Amateur Comedy Contest when he was just 16.
- Discovered by writer-producer Judd Apatow and subsequently cast in his acclaimed NBC drama, Freaks and Geeks, as well as Apatow's followup series, Undeclared.
- Made his big-screen debut in 2001 with a small role in the cult sci-fi/drama Donnie Darko.
- Worked as a writer for one season on Sacha Baron Cohen's HBO comedy series Da Ali G Show.
- Often works with childhood friend Evan Goldberg, who co-wrote the 2007 comedy Superbad and executive-produced the Rogen-starring smash Knocked Up (2007).
- Showed a different side to his acting in the 2011 comedy-drama 50/50 with his effectively funny-but-serious turn as the best friend of a cancer patient; Rogen also produced the film.
- Active in efforts to combat Alzheimer’s disease.
- 2012, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Feature: Nominee
- 2005, Emmy — Outstanding Writing for a Variety, Music or Comedy Program: Nominee
- Lauren Miller — Wife
- Mark Rogen — Father
- Sandy Rogen — Mother
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Supernatural's Kevin Tran Deserved Better in His Season 15 Return
- 2. The Laundromat Review: Meryl Streep is God-Level as Always in Soderbergh's Acidic Netflix Dramedy
- 3. Living With Yourself Review: Netflix's Cloning Comedy Has Double the Paul Rudd
- 4. Sorry Lucifans, Tom Ellis Squashes Rumors He's in Crisis on Infinite Earths
- 5. Watchmen Director Nicole Kassell Makes the Superhero Show Look Like a Rihanna Video
- 6. God Friended Me's Joy Must Confront Her Past in Emotional Sneak Peek
- 7. What to Stream the Weekend of Oct. 18