- Moved from Michigan to New York City to pursue a career in fashion photography, before becoming more interested in acting.
- Studied acting at New York's Stella Adler Conservatory and the Column Theater.
- Appeared as a monkey and a baby in surreal theatre productions at the Little Theatre of the Green Goose in Kalamazoo, MI.
- Made her TV debut in a 1995 episode of Nickelodeon cult favorite The Adventures of Pete & Pete.
- Had a breakout year in 1999, starring in big-screen teen drama Cruel Intentions and on the WB sitcom Zoe, Duncan, Jack & Jane.
- A spokesperson for the Get REAL for Kids campaign.
- Is an avid equestrian.
- Ahmet Zappa — Ex-husband
- Jason Schwartzman — Ex-significant Other
- Matthew Felker — Ex-significant Other
- Molly Cooke — Mother
- Jason Bleick — Ex-significant Other
- Mikey Day — Ex-significant Other
- Lizzie Lies — Sister
- Catherine — Sister
- Marie Cooke — Sister
- Arthur Saint Bleick — Son
- Elliot Beitner — Father
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States (BA and BFA in English and Fine Arts, 1995); attended New York University, New York, New York, United States; attended Kalamazoo College, Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Most-Watched Netflix Originals, By the Numbers
- 2. Netflix's 2019 Originals: A Complete Guide
- 3. Dani Cares for Bright After an Accidental Drug Trip in Prodigal Son Sneak Peek
- 4. Helena Bonham Carter Will Not Take a Backseat to Olivia Colman in The Crown Season 3 Trailer
- 5. Best TV of the Decade: The Shows, Moments, and Trends That Defined the 2010s
- 6. The 25 Best Shows of the Decade
- 7. FX and FXX Had the Best Decade of Any Networks