- At age 23, contracted lupus, which caused the scars on his face.
- Worked as an electrical engineer and a designer of leather clothing before his music career took off. Also designed his own early look, which consisted of leather clothes and long dreadlocks.
- Joined a funk band called Push that toured Japan in the mid-1980s.
- In 1992, received three Brit awards for Best Album, Best Male Artist and Best Video for "Killer," a hit song he recorded with techno producer Adam "Adamski" Tinley.
- 2007, Golden Globe — Best Original Song - Motion Picture: Nominee
- 1995, Grammy — Song of the Year: Winner
- 1995, Grammy — Best Male Pop Vocal Performance: Winner
- 1995, Grammy — Record of the Year: Winner
- 2010, Grammy — Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals: Winner
- Tatjana Patitz — Ex-significant Other
- Lou Sulola Samuel — Daughter
- Francis Samuel — Father
- Johan Riley Fyodor Taiwo Samuel — Son
- Heidi Klum — Ex-wife
- Henry Gunther Ademola Dashtu Samuel — Son
- Leni Samuel — Daughter
- Adebisi Samuel — Mother
- Joyce Samuel — Stepmother