- Decided to pursue a performance career after taking part in a production of Fame during her freshman year of high school.
- Filmed a scene for Hitch (2005) that was cut from the final version, but made a splash in her big-screen debut in How She Move (2007).
- Sang "I'm Not Afraid of Anything," from Jason Robert Brown's 1995 musical, Songs for a New World, at the funeral for friend and Juilliard classmate Sarah Fox, who was found murdered in Upper Manhattan's Inwood Hill Park in 2004.
- Made Broadway debut in 2006 at the Music Box Theatre in David Hare's The Vertical Hour, which was directed by Sam Mendes and starred Julianne Moore and Bill Nighy.
- Studied Shakespeare during a summer at London's Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, where she played the titular role in Romeo and Juliet.
- Was the second actress cast as Tara Thornton on True Blood. The original actress, Brook Kerr, played the role in the unaired pilot.
- Active in Artists Striving to End Poverty (ASTEP), a non-profit organization that utilizes the arts to help disadvantaged children worldwide.
- 2009, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Ivery Wheeler — Father
- Cassandra Wesley — Mother
- Jacob Fishel — Husband (separated)
- University of Evansville, Evansville, Indiana, United States (BFA in Theatre Performance, 2001); The Juilliard School, New York, New York, United States (2005)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Hey Hollywood, There Are Other Black Colleges Besides Howard
- 2. Rel Co-Creator Kevin Barnett Dies While on Vacation in Mexico
- 3. Demi's Sociopathic Edit Is the Highlight of The Bachelor So Far
- 4. Kerry Washington Heads to Netflix for American Son
- 5. Here's When The Expanse Season 3 Heads to Amazon Prime Video
- 6. Chicago Fire's Gentle Human Mouch Blows Up at Otis in a Jarring Sneak Peek
- 7. Where to Stream This Year's Oscar-Nominated Films