- As a youth, made a prize-winning submission to the BBC art program Sketch Club; has since continued a successful second career as a painter.
- Pre-Rolling Stones work includes stints playing bass for the Jeff Beck Group, and guitar with the Birds, the Creation and the Small Faces/the Faces.
- Numerous solo albums include I've Got My Own Album to Do (1974), Now Look (1975) and Not for Beginners (2002).
- Replaced guitarist Mick Taylor for the Stones' 1975 tour, and contributed to several songs on the group's Black and Blue (1976), prior to becoming an official member.
- Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of the Stones in 1989; inducted a second time (as a member of The Faces) in 2012.
- Has released several books, including the 2007 autobiography Ronnie.
- 1994, Grammy — Best Music Video - Short Form: Winner
- 1994, Grammy — Best Rock Album: Winner
- Ekaterina Ivanova — Ex-significant Other
- Krissy Wood — Ex-wife
- Tyrone Wood — Son
- Ted Wood — Brother
- Leah Wood — Daughter
- Elizabeth Wood — Mother
- Sally Humphreys — Wife
- Alice Rose — Daughter
- Arthur Wood — Father
- Jo Wood — Ex-wife
- Gracie Jane — Daughter
- Jesse Wood — Son
- Arthur Wood — Brother
- Attended Ealing College of Art, London, England