- Was born in Hong Kong; moved back to her parents' native England when she was 8 years old.
- Is of Hungarian descent.
- Got her big break when a casting director saw her in a school play and she was given a role in the 2000 made-for-TV film Last of the Blonde Bombshells.
- Her name is the female version of Romulus, one of the mythical founders of Rome.
- Is a former model.
- 2011, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 2012, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 2005, Australian Film Institute Awards — Best Lead Actress in Television: Nominee
- Roxy — Sister
- Ralph Garai — Brother
- Rosie — Sister
- Janet Garai — Mother
- Adrian Garai — Father
- Queen Mary and Westfield College, University of London, London, England; The Open University, Buckinghamshire, England (English Literature)