- Studied theater in college.
- Slept in the back of a truck and sold T-shirts out of a suitcase to make ends meet while starting out as a comedian.
- Released a greatest-hits compilation in 2004 culled from his comedy albums, a mix of edgy routines and country novelty songs.
- In 2009, released his first all-songs album, El Niño Loco, which was produced by friend Toby Keith (with whom he cowrote and costarred in the 2008 comedy Beer for My Horses); later that year, released an album of Christmas songs called Make It Christmas.
- In 2010, formed the Tulsa-based Rodney Carrington Foundation, a nonprofit organization that donates to local and national charities.
- 2008, CMT Music Awards — Supporting Character of the Year: Nominee
- Terri Carrington — Wife
- George Carrington — Son
- Zac Carrington — Son
- Sam Carrington — Son
- Attended Kilgore College, Kilgore, Texas, United States