- Cultivated a love of cooking at the age of 11 in his mother's kitchen.
- Began his studies at the Culinary Institute of America when he was 16-years-old.
- Named Food & Wine's "Best New Chef" in 2000. That same year, Gourmet magazine called him "America's Most Exciting Young Chef."
- NBC documented the 2003 opening---and the subsequent failure---of his New York City eatery, Rocco's 22nd Street, in The Restaurant.
- Teamed with Karina Smirnoff on the seventh season of ABC's Dancing With the Stars.
- Yvonne Sciò — Ex-significant Other
- Nicolina DiSpirito — Mother
- Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, United States (BS in Business, 1990)