- Made his Broadway debut at age of 7 in Sunrise at Campobello, playing John Roosevelt, the son of Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
- His parents founded the New York School of Ballet.
- Left The Waltons after five seasons because his contract was up, but later returned for three TV movies.
- A past chairman for the Better Hearing Institute.
- Has his own production company, Melpomene Productions.
- 2017, Tony — Actor (Featured Role--Play): Nominee
- 1974, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- 1974, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1975, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- 1973, Emmy — Outstanding Continued Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Drama, Continuing: Winner
- Gwyneth Gonzales — Daughter
- Georgiana Bischoff — Wife
- Barbara Ayala — Daughter
- Richard Scott Thomas — Father
- Montana James Thomas — Son
- Barbara Fallis — Mother
- Kendra Kneisel — Stepdaughter
- Bronwyn Thomas — Sister
- Alma Gonzales — Ex-wife
- Richard Francisco — Son
- Brooke Murphy — Stepdaughter
- Pilar Alma — Daughter
- Attended Columbia University, New York, New York, United States
Quiz: What Should You Binge Next on Netflix?
Skip the endless scroll! Find out what you really want to watch.
The Best Kids' Movies on Netflix Right Now
Our gift to all you harried parents: hours of peace and quiet.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Brienne Is the Last Good Thing About Game of Thrones
- 2. Game of Thrones: 3 Theories Why the Crypts Will be Key in the Battle for Winterfell
- 3. All the Best GIFs From Game of Thrones' Final Season
- 4. Your Cheatsheet to All the Game of Thrones Weapons and Who Wields Them in Season 8
- 5. The Meaning Behind Pod's Song in Game of Thrones
- 6. Here's Where the Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 'A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms' Falls in Our Ranking
- 7. Every Episode of Game of Thrones, Ranked