- The second youngest of five sons.
- Admits to having a stubborn streak.
- Didn't set out to become an actor. He became hooked in college when, to kill time, he joined the drama society.
- Took a year off after college to raise funds for drama school. Among his efforts: writing letters to celebrities asking for help. Some, such as Anthony Hopkins, sent donations. One who didn't: Clint Eastwood, who replied with a handwritten note saying "no"; he's since framed that letter.
- Enjoys 1970s-era funk music, especially Stevie Wonder's; and rejects digital music in favor of vinyl.
- Big fan of sports, especially golf, rugby and soccer. He supports the Sheffield Wednesday club.
- Favorite books include Haruki Murakami's The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle and Flann O'Brien's The Third Policeman.
- Georgia Mackenzie — Ex-wife
- Purdy Coyle — Daughter
- University of York, Heslington, York, England (BA in Politics, 1994); Bristol Old Vic Theatre School, Bristol, Avon, England (1998)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Bethenny Frankel Is Leaving Real Housewives, So What Even Is the Point Anymore?
- 2. Netflix's 2019 Originals: A Complete Guide
- 3. A Blue Bloods Alum Is Headed to Manifest Season 2 as Ben's Ex
- 4. Everything We Know About Legacies Season 2
- 5. Dancing With the Stars Host Tom Bergeron Speaks Out Against Sean Spicer Casting Decision
- 6. What's New on Netflix in September
- 7. What's Leaving Netflix in September 2019