- Encouraged Sharon Tate to pursue acting after meeting her on the set of an earlier film of his wherein she was an extra.
- Was an active participant in the Civil Rights struggle to allow African-Americans to register to vote in Mississippi.
- Is a longtime avid photographer, sculptor and painter.
- Completed and self-published his first book, Impostor: Or Whatever Happened to Richard Beymer?, a semi-autobiographical account of a young actor's struggle to find himself, in 2007.
- Has made a number of acclaimed documentaries, including 2014’s It’s a Beautiful World in which he travels to India with Twin Peaks creator David Lynch to explore the origins of Transcendental Meditation.
- 1962, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1962, Golden Globe — New Star of the Year - Actor: Nominee
- Eunice Beymer — Mother
- George Richard Beymer — Father
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Peter Fonda, Star of Easy Rider, Dead at 79
- 2. Here's What's Coming to Amazon in September
- 3. How To Watch the 2019 Emmy Nominated Shows Without A Cable Subscription
- 4. These Are the Real-Life Murderers of Mindhunter Season 2
- 5. Silicon Valley's Final Season Now Has a Premiere Date and a Trailer
- 6. Behold! Our Totally Reasonable Wish List for Gallavich in Shameless Season 10
- 7. Watch Gordon Ramsay Eat Giant Water Bugs for NatGeo's Uncharted